The reality is raw cakes are easy to make because they are more forgiving than cooked cakes. Raw cake making is not as much as a science as cooked cakes, if it’s too soft, you add more dry stuff, if it’s too hard you add more wet stuff, if it doesn’t set solid enough you can adjust it there and then without much consequence. Those things cannot be said of cooked cakes.
The trick to mastering raw cake making is knowing what to add when and how to adjust the recipes accordingly. Once you have this information, you’re really unstoppable!
- Creating multiple cake bases from various types of ingredients, some more nut based and some grain base ( gluten & wheat free ).
- How to ferment nuts to make a delicious and nutritionally enhanced cheesecake filling or frosting for your cakes.
- Decorating and garnishing techniques to make your cakes and pies stand out on social media, but, more importantly, to impress your friends and family so they want to dig in!
- We’ll touch on enrobing using chocolate so that you can add an extra level of awesomness to finish your cakes.
- At least two of the cakes will be made an mini, individual cakes so that you get to assemble and decorate your own cake to take away with you.
- How to make multi layered raw cakes which can double as impressive birthday or wedding cakes.
Sunday 19th May 11am - 3pm
with lunch by the Plant Academy
Amy is a classically trained professional chef who found her way into vegan and vegetarian raw food in 2004 while training to be a holistic health counsellor at The Institute of Integrative Nutrition.
After working for several of the UK’s most respected raw food & chocolate companies, Amy was able to apply that new found talent and knowledge to her role as Senior Sous and Pastry Chef to World Renowned Executive Chef, Chad Sarno (co-author of “Crazy Sexy Kitchen”with Kris Carr and co-founder of Wicked Healthy) at Saf London & Munich during their opening years.
With over 16 years experience as a professional raw chef and 9 years specialising in raw chocolates and desserts, Amy leads the way when it comes to empowering people with the tools needed to forge their own path in the world of raw chocolate and desserts. Amy has a way of tapping into her students individual passion, and helping them ignite the flame that carries them along the journey of self discovery and self expression.
Amy has been teaching her signature Raw Chocolate classes since 2009, teaches various raw food classes throughout the UK, Europe and North America and consults with businesses who wish to implement only the very best raw chocolates and desserts into their menu/product line.